Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Finals Update

2 down. 2 to go.

I had my management final yesterday. I finally started studying Monday morning. I studied almost the whole day with breaks to watch episodes of Heros and to eat. (S cooked the most amazing Eggplant Parmesan for dinner!)

I didn't wake up as early as planned yesterday morning. The alarm was set for 5:15 am and I didn't budge till S's alarm went off at 7:15. I then got up, got dressed (no shower), and started studying. We went to town and S dropped me off at my friend B's dorm. I studied there until it was time to trudge across campus to my final.

I really, really, really needed a B in this class. Between 25 attendance points possible and possible 100 on the final I needed 111 points.

Attendance kinda got all messed up because we use these "clickers" to show we are present and answer participation questions. Dumb really. Well, my clickers batteries were dead for several weeks. We have 3 class periods a week. I was there EVERY day, even the day before Thanksgiving and the day after I had food poising!!!

Needless to say I got only 10 of the attendance points.

This means I needed a 101 on the final. Impossible I know, but I was hopping for a miracle.

I got an 80.

No I didn't cry, although I felt like it. I am thinking about going and talking to the professor. He only has almost 1200 kids taking this course this year- he will help me out right?

Pray for me.

1 comment:

lightening said...

Well professors are people too. I hope you got on okay with it.

When I went on to study after finishing high school we were told "if you don't come, we don't care" so I find it interesting the way you get points for attendance. Nice idea really.